Demmeler’s patented robot-based tool changeover system has been among the most popular tool storage and changeover systems for large-scale machines on the market for many years. Our tool changeover systems come into play when requriements for large numbers of tools and high tool weights with simultaneous great flexibility have to be met.
The Demmeler systems can hold up to 750 different tools and make them available in record time. Tools are automatically inspected as part of the process and a replacement is initiated when needed. Freely programmable PC-based systems ensure extensive adaptability to various machine control systems. As high-end solutions with linear axis and head change units, these systems meet the requirements of even the largest processing centres and the most complex production processes. For machines of medium size, we supply the proven system as a modified compact arena.
The Demmeler Tool Rack adapts to your machine!
- A high tool density is achieved with a gripper column that can rotate more than 180°. This also makes the space behind the column usable.
- Rack shape can be perfectly adapted to the machine conditions.
- Highly compact design thanks to interior drive and guides.
- Tool spacing from slot to slot 140 mm.
Fast changing and measuring of tools with weight up to 100 kg and 1.500 mm length
Characteristic Tool Arena
- Traversing distance 5.000 mm
- Traversing speed 80 m/min
- Capacity 450 tools
- 2 x 5 set-up stations
- Proportional gripper
- Complete roof
Fast changing and measuring of tools with weight up to 40 kg and 800 mm length
Characteristic Compact Arena
- Small space requirement – radius of segments approx. 1.750 mm
- Possibility to integrate different types of robots – depending on type of application and load
- Possibility of handling all usual types of toolholders: HSK A 63, HSK A 100, SK 40, SK 50, Capto C6, Capto C8
- Standard gripper
- Can be delivered in one piece
Characteristic Controller Unit
- Tool management with a very convenient graphical interface
- High machine availability due to an intelligent roboter control with priority management
- Storage and retrieval during machining process
- Automatic space optimized storage system ensures high tool density
- Damaged tool strategy
- Sister tool strategy
- A flexible change moment ensures optimum processing rates
- Identification of tools via RFID chip